Internet Connectivity Tips
Laggy/glitchy Zoom meetings?
Double check your internet connection.
Also, Reducing Zoom data and bandwidth usage (may help with "black screens" during screenshare)
Slow loading webpages?
Clearing cache and cookies in Chrome (may help with slow loading webpages)
Can't get into Zoom meetings?
1) Get in contact with your student's teacher for instructions on how to access the meeting. Typically, they will post a link daily/weekly in Google Classroom.
2) Make sure you're not late!
3) If you get "Waiting for host..." error messages, be patient! Leave and keep trying. This error means the host (your teacher) has not let you into Zoom yet.
4) If you get stuck on "Connecting...", leave and keep trying. Alternatively, try accessing Zoom through the browser instead of through the app.
Black screen during screenshare?
Unfortunately, there are multiple potential causes for this issue.
1) Make sure you give permissions to the computer where necessary.
2) Your internet connection may be struggling to keep up with the demands of Zoom. Please check the tips on this page to troubleshoot.
3) Your device's hardware may be struggling to keep up with the demands of Zoom. If you've checked out a Chromebook from the school or the district, consider exchanging your Chromebook. If you are using a personal device, check out these tips from Zoom.
4) Zoom's servers may be struggling to keep up. This is beyond our control.
Is your teacher complaining about microphone levels being too high?
Some Chromebooks are automatically receiving OS updates over time. One of the new features of the updates allows adjustment of sound input levels. Unfortunately, this also seems to have had an adverse effect of placing the input levels to maximum without users' consent. This can result in some awful screeching noises for Zoom participants. If you notice this, please try to adjust the input levels on your Chromebook.
Camera not working? Sound not working? Etc...
If you're using a Chromebook, try a hardware reset!
Forgot your student email/password?
Please call our tech at 626-237-4694.
Issues with your district assigned devices?
For non-urgent issues, please submit a ticket using this link.
Otherwise, please call our tech at 626-237-4694.
Before calling, please be prepared with a thorough description of the issue you are facing. The more detail the better!